Sunday, 18 February 2018
Paul echoes Jesus’ “new commandment” for us to love one another. A body that’s in a state of dysfunction is not a body that can work effectively – whether a human body or a church congregation. Jesus intervenes to correct this dysfunction, this separation within the church. In Romans 15:1-24, Paul raises a really cry for a unified, missional church.
Sunday, 11 February 2018
– Love God
– Encourage One Another
– Transform Chester
Do you love God? Do you love Jesus?
In Joshua 22:5, Joshua is told to be very careful to love the Lord. In Matthew 6:33, Jesus tells us to seek first his kingdom; to put God’s purposes first.
Are we careful to love the Lord? Do we put him first? We should.
But there is no need for us to feel that this is an onerous obligation or a burden. The amazing truth is that God gives us the power to love him – as well as all the reason we could ever need. Romans 5:5 – God’s love has been poured into our hearts; he helps us to love him!
New preaching series:
Starting on 8th April 2018
- Genesis 1:1-2: The Beginning
- Genesis 1:3-13: From Chaos to Form
- Genesis 1:14-25: From form to Filling
- Genesis 1:26-31: God’s image
- Genesis 2:1-3: True rest
- Genesis 2:4-14: How humans flourish
- Genesis 2:15-17: Good and Evil
- Genesis 2:18-25: Perfect Match
- Genesis 3:1-5: Enter the snake…
- Genesis 3:6-7: The Fall
- Genesis 3:8-13: The Blame Game
- Genesis 3:14-15: The Curse
- Genesis 3:16-19: The Pain
- Genesis 3:20-24: Banished
- Genesis 4:1-7: Cain and Abel
- Genesis 4:8-16: Crouching Sin
- Genesis 4:17-26: Great Advances