Sunday, 21 June 2020
Riots and Reasons
In today’s passage, we see a riot that occurs in Ephesus, centring around the perceived threat of Christianity to the livelihood of some craftsmen – to the prestige of the city:
- Christianity is not a threat to the state.
- We don’t normally attack the world’s sin; we present the truth.
- Do not cling to worldly things.
- But also don’t be afraid of the world, or fear its people.
- Be a true friend to sinners.
- Respect, appreciate and pray for the authorities.